Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: INYO Pools Supplies

1. Back To Top    #1

INYO Pools Supplies

I thought I would try INYO pools since others here like them. I spent $500 on a pool filter lid. Today I got the item, not properly packaged. Amateur tape job. No padding on the bottom of box. The filter had big gouges and chips. Now I have to send it back.

Have you had good luck with these guys.

Gary

IMG_0563.jpg
    IMG_0564.jpg
    IMG_0565.jpg
    IMG_0566.jpg
    10,000 gallon IG pebble pool, 1,200 gallon raised spa, built 2006, Hayward Mega Plus 700 cartridge filter, Hayward Northstar SP4015NS 1.5hp pump, Hayward Super II 2.5hp spa pump w/blower, Jandy AquaLink RS, SpaLink RS controller, A&A Quik Leveler, Quik Clean In-floor cleaning/leaf vac, Laars LX 400 heater, Fiberstars 6004 fiber optic light. Massive delamination of ShastaDeck cool decking.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: INYO Pools Supplies - Amateurs?

That's pretty rough.
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

3. Back To Top    #3

In the Industry

Hi Gary,

First off I understand your frustration on how your order was received and I apologize for the way this item was packaged. I have been in touch with our customer service manager and operations manager to get this item picked up and to have a full refund issued, based on the email we received I believe this is the way you wanted to proceed. We shipped your order out using a vendor that we normally do not use and today we will meet with them to discuss their packaging methods and let them know that the way your order was packaged is unacceptable. If we cannot come up with a plan for this to not occur in the future then will no longer work with them. Ultimately we choose our partners so we do take full responsibilty, once again I truly applogize for this.

Thank You
    Patrick
    Swimming Pool Supplies, Pool Safety Cover, Swimming Pool Covers, Swimming Pool Pumps, Pool Pump Parts - INYOPools.com

4. Back To Top    #4

I recently ordered a cartridge filter from them and had a great experience. It was packaged great, no damage, and came in 2 days. Better than ordering from Amazon prime and more than $50 cheaper.

Nobody gets things right all the time, and ordering something as big and expensive as a pool filter carries a bit of risk. But I felt confident ordering from them due to their youtube videos and their attention to customer satisfaction. They are clearly passionate about pools and support the DIY-er. Patrick, your cooperation in this community was a big part of why I decided to order from Inyo.

I would definitely order from them again and Patrick's support above is exactly why.
    16 x 32 18,000 gal IG vinyl pool. 1.5HP SuperFlo VS pump. Hayward C4030 425 sq ft cartridge filter. Hotspot FPH heat reclamation pool heater.

5. Back To Top    #5

Thanks Patrick.
    10,000 gallon IG pebble pool, 1,200 gallon raised spa, built 2006, Hayward Mega Plus 700 cartridge filter, Hayward Northstar SP4015NS 1.5hp pump, Hayward Super II 2.5hp spa pump w/blower, Jandy AquaLink RS, SpaLink RS controller, A&A Quik Leveler, Quik Clean In-floor cleaning/leaf vac, Laars LX 400 heater, Fiberstars 6004 fiber optic light. Massive delamination of ShastaDeck cool decking.

6. Back To Top    #6

In the Industry

Joshii Thank you for the kind words they are much appreciated!

Garywi Thank you for your understanding and I believe Alex has been in touch with you about the UPS pick up. If you run into any issues please let me know.

Thank You
    Patrick

7. Back To Top    #7

Thanks Patrick. I understand UPS will pick up on Thurs..

8. Back To Top    #8

In the Industry

Thanks Gary yes I spoke with Alex and UPS will be out to your place on Thursday.

9. Back To Top    #9

In the Industry

Hi Garywi one more idea if it is not too late, would you like to try out the filter lid you received and if it works then you could keep the filter lid at no charge? It may be worth a shot. Let me know - Thanks Patrick

10. Back To Top    #10

Thanks Patrick for that offer. UPS already picked it up and that big gouge is right on the gasket surface area..

11. Back To Top    #11

I've never used INYO, but - based upon Patrick's response - I would t hesitate to use them. Great example of a provider who cares.
    COMPLETED BUILD THREAD - 15'x29' rectangular offset shotcrete pool; 14,100 gal; 5'x7' raised spa with 400k btu fire feature; 7' spillover; 25' leuder stone raised bond wall w/waterfall; Pentair SWG; Pentair VS (pool); Pentair 3/4hp feature pump; 1hp spa blower; Pentair Cartridge filter; Pentair “Easy Touch 8” wireless; Dolphin Oasis Z5 robot; Solar Hydronics iSwim solar panels; Mansard Screen Enclosure; walnut travertine deck; 1 very happy kiddo.

12. Back To Top    #12

I didn't know that INYO was a sponsor, but I agree with txnole, based on the response here, they have a future customer in me.
    23K gallon, IG, Vinyl, Hayward DE-3600 Filter, Raypak 406A Heater, Hayward 1.5HP SP2610X15 pump aka AO Smith UST1152, TF-100 Test Kit

13. Back To Top    #13

In the Industry

Re: INYO Pools Supplies

INYP pools is not a sponsor (financially) of TroubleFreePool. What we have found is that they tend to specialize in some of the same things we do....i.e. DIY folks.

Our experience with them has been quite good so we have begun suggesting people give them a try.

They do "sponsor" TFP in that they give some nice perks should you decide to become a supporter of TFP.
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

14. Back To Top    #14

In the Industry

Thanks so much for the kind words, please let me know if I can ever help.

Patrick
    Inyopools

Thank You
    Patrick
    www.inyopools.com

15. Back To Top    #15

I just bought a cartridge filter system (filter and pump) from them, and it was a good experience. (except for the guy driving the truck, but that's for another thread.)

The interaction prior to the sale was great and their prices were better than any other that I found.

The packaging of your filter dome looks to be a little inadequate, but the package handling is what looks atrocious. The fact that the problem was handled like it was by Patrick says a lot about the company.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit