Chem Test

Today I decided to test my chem levels.

ph= 7.8
    fc= 0.5
    tc= 0.5
    cc= 0
    ta= 100
    ch= 1150
    salt level at 4500 - needed for the eco-matic swg.
    water temp 90f - this is Arizona

Unfortunately the Eco-Matic has died and left me with a very high salt level.
    The hardness is just good old water out here. You learn not to drink the tap water.
    I figure I will need to drain about a quarter of the water to try and get the salt level down to 3400, where the new SWG like to operate. At the same time that should lower my CYA.
    My problem is acid use. To keep the PH down I have to use about 1 gal a week. The pool is over 3 years, so its not the plaster.
    28000 gal. Quartz, 2hp Pentair pump, Pentair Cartridge Filter, 2x 1hp pumps infloor cleaning,
    Pentair Heatpump, Eco-Matic 36 SWG (POS), DEAD Ultra-Pure Ozone (also POS)
    2hp waterfall pump, 1hp fountain pump

2. Back To Top    #2
    Silver Spring, MD

Re: Chem Test

Bringing your TA down should help reduce the rate at which PH rises. I suggest aiming for a TA of 70.

You need to get some chlorine in there!
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3
    SWSuburban Chicago, IL

Re: Chem Test

If your CH in your fill is high, will water replacement help? Are you going to have it trucked in?

Supplement with bleach until you can get a replacement SWG. Make sure you maintain your FC according to the non-swg section of the CYA chart until the SWG is operational.

Welcome to TFP!
    Helpful links: Pool School; CYA/Chlorine Chart
    24' round AG pool, 52" high, Raypak heater; Waterway 2 spd Pump;
    150 Sq ft. Clearwater Cartridge Filter; Former and DISSATISFIED "Pool Frog" owner