Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: VS Pump clicking not coming on

1. Back To Top    #1

VS Pump clicking not coming on

Just got home from a week long vacation to a pool pump that was not running. We had a neighbor watching over the pool and they noticed poor water flow coming out of some PVC aerators I made for a couple of my returns to help cool the water down. Said it would flow out with out much force then stop.... then again and stop. I have messed with the pump and I can hear it clicking... so not sure if its the control part for the variable speed or the motor. I have called the pool company since its still in warranty but they can't come for about 3 days.

FC - 8
    PH - 7.2
    CYA - 45ish (last checked before vacation)

I have a Stenner pump as well... but that can't work while the pump is down... honestly don't know how my FC is still good since the pump failed by last Friday.... according to my neighbor.

So basically just add bleach manually....and brush right? I have a waterfall pump running now for some circulation.

Also just for fun... here is a picture of the pool at the resort we were at for that last week in Mexico..... the main pool is massive then the next 3 levels have pools on the balcony! Very nice place! Family had lots of fun!!!

17,500 IG, 18'x34' Free Form, 4'-6' depth, beach entry, 3 bubblers and 13' weeping wall. Jandy 460 Cartridge Filter, Jandy 2HP Flo Pro VS, Jandy 1.5HP Booster, Polaris 280, 2 Skimmers, 6 Returns, 2 LED Lights, WetEdge Satin Antiqua, Wood Firepit. Construction Started July 29th 2015. Fill date October 21st 2015. TF-100 kit. Stenner 85MP2 with 15gal tank.

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

Re: VS Pump clicking not coming on

Nice resort what is the name and what part of Mexico?

Yes brush, manual add, and run the waterfall pump you should be fine.
    12,300 Gallon, IG PebbleFina, 3 ft sheer, 2 Jandy nicheless LED lights, Jandy Pro 1.5HP VS pump (A.O. Smith Motor), PB4-60 Booster pump, Polaris 280, Jandy cv340 cartridge filter, Zodiac Z4 control panel W/iAquaLink, Stenner pumps for chlorine & MA connected to WiOn WiFi switches, TF-100. You can support TFP with AmazonSmile just click the link!

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: VS Pump clicking not coming on

Generations Riviera Maya... Between Cancun and Playa Del Carmen.

17,500 IG, 18'x34' Free Form, 4'-6' depth, beach entry, 3 bubblers and 13' weeping wall. Jandy 460 Cartridge Filter, Jandy 2HP Flo Pro VS, Jandy 1.5HP Booster, Polaris 280, 2 Skimmers, 6 Returns, 2 LED Lights, WetEdge Satin Antiqua, Wood Firepit. Construction Started July 29th 2015. Fill date October 21st 2015. TF-100 kit. Stenner 85MP2 with 15gal tank.