Crystal clear water but numbers are not perfect, problems?

You missed adding your CYA number. That's an important one.

Hehe I grew up in Ohio and I know my O-H-I-O......went there ;) but am a transplant to SC. Had to chuckle at 88 degree day. Ours was 99 with high heat index......maybe 107.

I put 8 pounds of cya in at start up and had it around 40ppm

tonight it tested at 20. I know that's really low by I've been getting used to the intelliflo running 24/7 and the if-40. I've dialed the rpms down to ~1300 and 30% on the swg

What worries you about those numbers? Chlorine looks high for CYA of 20? Did you do that test in full sunlight? That can affect the results.

Your TA and PH are a tad low. If I were you I would use pool math and determine how much baking soda to add to bring your TA to 60 or 70. You don't want to go higher with the SWG.......Well at least I don't. I find I need to adjust my TA at the beginning of the season and my PH quickly falls in line.

TA is a buffer for your PH. You'll find a sweet spot (hopefully) between the two where your PH won't fluctuate too much. Many folks with SWG See PH rise a lot over time. I do not. I keep my TA right about 70 and PH stays mid 7's most all summer.....witch is like 6 months here.

Hope that helps.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.