Understanding liner cost.

DeadAquaRite

Mar 29, 2012
We're facing a new liner, and I'm trying to understand the costs. Using this site, I get the following for our existing pattern.

Group H - Blue Hampton 20 mil - $1544
Group I - Cambridge 30 mil - $1739
Group J - Blue Hampton 28 mil - $1836

Can anyone explain why the "Group J" is thicker, cheaper, and called something different? FWIW, our existing liner (Cavalry/Ft Worth) is labeled Cambridge 30 mil on the paperwork.

Also, our warranty shows 20% ($347) prorate at less than 10 years (Installed ~8/1/06), 15% ($261) for 11 years. Is it worth the $87 to change it now, or should patch and wait until spring? Anyone know if the warrant date is based on notifying them, or placing the order?

According to your chart group J is actually more expensive which makes sense since it's thicker. As for the names, dunno.

I would look at holding off on installing a new liner. Wait until the end of the season when there are more deals. Of course, this means you will have to patch which also incurs costs.

I have decided based upon my own unproven research, that liner prices are largely dependent upon the following;
20mil with least attractive colors and patterns - least expensive
30 mil are next expensive irregardless of colors and patterns
28/20 and 28 mil with the most attractive colors and patterns are the most expensive.

In a nutshell, whatever is generally considered to be the most attractive to the majority will have the higher price tag.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.