Loosing too much FC!

Jun 20, 2016
Brunswick GA
Hello :)

I need some help. I'm losing too much FC every day and I can't figure out why!

7/4/16
FC 2.5
CC 0
pH 7.8
TA 100
CH 180
CYA 50

I added 3 cups 6 oz of bleach to increase FC to 7 (it increased to 6.5 later that night).
I added 6 oz muriatic acid to decrease pH to 7.4 (it keeps rising, I'm guessing due to lots of swimming and splashing). I just decreased it from 8 to 7.6 on 6/30/16.

7/5/16
FC 3.5
CC 0
pH 7.6

I'm going to add 3 cups of household Bleach again now to increase the FC back up to 7. I thought I read your only supposed to lose less than 1ppm of FC daily or else something else is going on. I live in GA and my pool temp has stayed around 88-90 degrees the last new days. Could that be why? But my CYA is in range with where I'm trying to keep my FC according to the chart. Should I keep my FC higher than 7?

Thanks! I'm still new and figuring things out. But I have to say, my water has been crystal clear since day 1 so something is working!

You're more likely to lose 2-3 ppm per day with your location and lots of swimming, higher temperature will increase that. Also... keep in mind, you have a 4400 gallon pool. In my pool of 30,000 gallons, it's doesn't make much of a dent in the FC if we swim as long as no one is peeing in the pool. However, in a smaller pool there is a much higher relative chlorine demand from the same amount of swimmers.

Keep adjusting your pH and your TA will come down. A lower TA will lead to slower pH rise.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.