Help with System Advice Pre-Order

Ilex

Jul 2, 2016
Rochester, MN
Hello,

I have been reading as many things as I can prior to ordering our pool kit from Royalpools. I have also already benefited greatly from the great advice and directions on some of the questions I've posted here already, and thank you all for that. We are very new to all things pool, and my head is swimming from all the options (sorry for the pun, couldn't help it :D). We are going to install a 36x18 Sport Pool max depth 6' and a gallonage of approximately 20,000 gallons with no additional water features. I am hoping to gather thoughts and opinions on the equipment we are planning to order prior to ordering to ensure we are not way off base.

Heater: Hayward H350FDN, 350,000 BTU
Filter: Hayward C3030 325 sq ft cartridge filter
SWG: Aquaplus PLPlus 4 (this I believe is both a Turb generator and a Prologic controller)
Pump: Hayward Tristar VS sp3202 vsp or the Hayward Tristar VS sp32900 (supposed to have an upgraded chemical resistant Vitron seal but this pump may only be available from a dealer)

Any thoughts, opinions or expierences will be greatly appreciated. We struggled with the pump, as the Hayward Ecostar was originally suggested by a local dealer, but the reviews have been questionable and I don't think we need one that big 2-3hp. Also had considered Pentair but Haywatd seems to get slightly better reviews on the SWG. Again, very new to all of this so please excuse my ignorance.

Thank you in advance.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.