Weak suction and return

Jul 5, 2016
Jackson
When i have handle set to 'filter', the suction starts out fine, but after few minutes it gets weak. Figured I had air leak. I've checked all connections, made some tightenings, changed hoses, cleaned DE filter, but still suction and return is weak. However, when I set filter to 'backwash' or 'reciruclating' modes, the pressure is perfect. Could there be a problem with the filter handle setting? Could the interior get worn out?

AF

Welcome to TFP :)

How does your water look? With a DE filter it works great but as you found they will get clogged very fast with a green pool..

Do you have your own test kit?

We can help but we need to see what is going on with your water..

I hope this helps :)

Welcome to the forum. :wave:

In short, your filter is doing exactly as it is supposed to do....it is filtering debris from your water and quickly clogging up. Your problem is in your water chemistry which is allowing algae (whether you can see it or not) to accumulate in your pool.

As you read further, you will see we are advocates of precise testing and underswtanding what and why you are testing.

Please read "The ABC's of Pool Water Chemistry" up in Pool School

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.