Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: cost per sq/ft for paver install?

1. Back To Top    #1

cost per sq/ft for paver install?

I am going to be getting bids to add about 770 sq/ft total of travertine pavers to our project. About 450 sq/ft will be laid on top of existing flat concrete patio and the rest will be on installed in the yard that extends the patio up to the pool coping. I've priced the travertine at about $4.80 sq/ft for a cost of about $4k. Does anyone have any estimates on what I can expect for install on a project like this?Thanks!-J

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: cost per sq/ft for paver install?

$8 to $10 per SF material and labor. Add 10% to 15% for waste. Phoenix area. YMMV.

3. Back To Top    #3

In NH pavers run $13-$20 a sq ft installed.
    18k: IG: Black Granite Liner: Aspen: 16x33.5: SWG: Polaris 280

My pool build new-pool-build-in-nh-t60957.html

4. Back To Top    #4

NJ. 18 sf for good materials and install. That's why I went with stamped.

12' x 24' (21100 gal) Doughboy Desert Spring w/ Deep End, Hayward SP15922S Power-Flo Matrix Above-Ground Pump 2-Speed,
    Hayward S210T Pro Series, Hayward H100ID1 H-Series , Hayward AQ-TROL-RJ AquaTrol Salt, TF-100

5. Back To Top    #5

Gold Medal Pools, Frisco, TX charged me $16/ft for standard selection travertine pavers and $25/ft for a third of it because it will require a turndown beam to do it properly.
    ----------------
    Geo Pool / Spa, 14k gal, Travertine Coping / Decking, LED Lighting, Hayward TriStar 2HP SS Pump / Hayward 525sq Ft Cartridge Filter / Hayward 400k Heater / Hayward E-Command 4 / Rainbow 320 Chlorine Guestimator + Ozone
    Build log here

6. Back To Top    #6

You should definitely self-source at that price. Contact installers and ask them to hid it with the materials and without.
    COMPLETED BUILD THREAD - 15'x29' rectangular offset shotcrete pool; 14,100 gal; 5'x7' raised spa with 400k btu fire feature; 7' spillover; 25' leuder stone raised bond wall w/waterfall; Pentair SWG; Pentair VS (pool); Pentair 3/4hp feature pump; 1hp spa blower; Pentair Cartridge filter; Pentair “Easy Touch 8” wireless; Dolphin Oasis Z5 robot; Solar Hydronics iSwim solar panels; Mansard Screen Enclosure; walnut travertine deck; 1 very happy kiddo.

7. Back To Top    #7

Yea I got a quote for $10 sqft for install alone here in NH. That $10,000 labor charge helped me make the decision to do my 1,000 sqft deck myself
    My Restoration Thread: Making an old pool NEW again

16x32/28,000 gallons/Twin 400GPH waterfalls off stone faced diving platform/1,200 perimeter LED lighs/Sand filter/2hp Pentair/VERA Automation/Southern NH

8. Back To Top    #8

Las Vegas, labor only $4.50 sf for pavers and $16.00 a linear foot for coping

9. Back To Top    #9

My guy was slow, so it was under $10/ft for paver installation only and that included removing the excess soil to get the grade correct. I paid directly for the low-boy roll off dumpsters 3x$475 to haul off the dirt, and for the base and sand when they were dropped off (I worry about liens) so that was another $2k. The installer Included the cost of the coping and they had to re work the surface drains. I bought the pavers and coping myself and they were about $5/ft. There was about 1800 sf of paving.
    O/B Woodland Hills, CA : O/B12x30 inground with 6x6 10-jet spa, 10,500gal, 6' Baja deck, 42" spillway, All Jandy: 400k heater, 2.7 HP VS pump, 1.5HP booster spa pump, SWG, Intellelink controls, (4) LED lights, cartridge filter and BlueSquareQ360 infloor cleaning system, Eclipse drain, glass tiles, Zanzibar white pebble finish. Broke ground 2/18/2016, completed 8/16/2016. TFT 100 kit.

10. Back To Top    #10

I paid $12.50 for pavers and install and the pavers (Inca Techo Block) were about $6.50 so the labor was about $6/sq ft
    1200 Sq Ft 41,000 Gal. Gunite, JANDY SVRS VS pump, JANDY JXI 400,000 BTU, Polaris 280 w/ 3/4 BP, Rockwall and Grotto (w/6 jets and blower), 2 JANDY Lam Jets, 2 LED Bubblers, 5 Ledlights, AQUALINK P16 RS, 90% Quartz, SWF 185 GMP BP, SWF 125 BP, Levelor K1100 Autofill, AP Digital SWG, 2 skim and 5 returns, and mostly 3 inch piping

11. Back To Top    #11

We put in 3,000 sq. ft. of travertine and the cost was $10 per square foot. This was material and labor in South Texas

12. Back To Top    #12

I'm still negotiating with my PB for a new pool. He's quoting $23+ a sq ft for travertine pavers installed over sand. I know that the material retails for about $6.50 a sq ft including the crazy shipping prices from Travertine Mart.

French Pattern Tumbled Silver Travertine Pavers

He also wants $23 a sq ft. to install travertine TILE over an existing concrete back porch, which I think is a bit much.

I'm in Houston, TX - what have others experienced?

13. Back To Top    #13

Quote Originally Posted by gqneon View Post
    Gold Medal Pools, Frisco, TX charged me $16/ft for standard selection travertine pavers and $25/ft for a third of it because it will require a turndown beam to do it properly.
    Which travertine did you use? We are looking at silver tumbled in a french pattern from Keystone Tile - and our PB is telling us $23+ a sq. ft. I think he's charging a bit too much.

14. Back To Top    #14

14.50 sf over sand in Frisco, TX for dark walnut. 1.20 more for laying over concrete in some places where we have concrete already down as part of the house foundation.

15. Back To Top    #15

I paid $ 15.25 per square foot for white marble travertine. After seeing pavers being installed, I can see that this is back breaking work. All thoughts of doing it myself had fortunately vanished in time.

The preparation of the base is labor intensive. Moving the materials is labor intensive. Grading the area is skill and labor intensive. Cutting the pavers is skill, time and labor intensive.

I know I might have paid a few dollars more per square foot - but in my opinion, PB should be allowed to make a few shekels to warranty and co-ordinate the work. PB also lays the cash out upfront for the pavers and is responsible for all breakages, etc.

My cost per sq foot also included tying 5 downspouts and connecting them to an underground 4 inch pipe to the edge of the property. Included making travertine covers for the skimmers and autofill. Included removal of excess material and packaging materials ( kept a few tiles of all sizes as spare).

All things considered, if the final product end up looking great, its worth every penny. This was probably the best 16K I spent on the pool. It was also the only decision that my wife and I kept second guessing because of the cost. The entire look of our pool was enhanced with the pavers.
    Geometric pool with all Pentair equipment. Raised spa - 18" with Artic Lagoon 1" glass tiles. 3HP VS Pump, 2 skimmers, 6 returns, IC40 Salt system, Easy Touch 8 with LED color light in pool and spa. 1200 sqft of Marble White Pavers decking in Versailles pattern. Tiling and coping almost completed, Indigo Blue Prism Matrix plaster. Pool Build Thread: Houston (Katy) Pool Build - Started April 2016

16. Back To Top    #16

Having a private pool with the paving stone material will give our home a smooth, elegant and modish look.
    Recently my neighbor had remodeled their pool area by building up an amazing pathway of paving stones near their pool area by hiring the
    best asphalt company on Long Island who had installed a colored stone paver which has created a beautiful atmosphere around their pool area. If you are asking about the cost per sq/ft for paver installation, so I will ask my neighbors about the whole installation cost and I will let you know about it.