I am a new pool owner getting myself familiar with a lot of new stuff this stuff, will try to describe my issue in detail please feel free to as questions as i may not know all the terms correctly.
So..i got my pool opened the other day from a professional pool guy and he pointed that the pump is from some random company - stark usa. Also he showed me that the impeller is broken partially (see attachment) and one of the valve has loose screw..so out of the 6 screws one is blank and everything else is screwed on the valve. He got my pump running and everything and left. The next day when i returned back from work, the pump was not priming. I disconnected the power and opened the lid on the pump and water was boiling with steam and lot of debris in the strainer basket. I let it cool for a few mins and turned it back on and it started working. The pressure went a bit low, so i switched it to the backwash mode. When i turned it back in the filter mode, it stopped working and again the hot water issue with no priming. Here are the things i did -
1. Filled the pool to the right level.
2. Pour the water from the garden hose directly in to the skimmer basket next to the pool and water reaches the pump but with less flow and it primes very slowly. There were some air bubbles to start with but they went away later.
3. Pour the water from the garden hose in to the pump directly, the water circulates and there is slow priming.
4. Took off the valve and poured water directly under it and priming works again.
5. Took off the partially broken impeller and cleaned everything.
6. Tried to get the replacement for impeller but couldn't get it.
7. Tried using drain bladder.
I called the pool guy who opened my pool and he just wants to replace the pump and the valve without looking at the problem which wasn't convincing to me but he's been servicing the pool before i bought it. I am torn between a few options -
1. Get the pump and valve replaced
2. Get some other service person and check for any other issues, may be the pump is ok?
3. Try to fix the problem myself but i have run out of what other things i can do?
Appreciate your help guys.