Just filled up Intex Easy Set pool. What now?

Jul 5, 2016
Beaumont, Ca
Hello Everyone. Im new here and just finished setting up and filling up a 16x42 Intex Easy Set pool. (says 3700 gallons of water).

My first question is, what is the first step to take before letting my daughters jump into the pool? I ordered a test kit off amazon(TF-100) but I was wondering if its safe and ok to let my daughters jump in the pool or wait until I test the water?

When and how long do I run the pump for? (intex pump that came with the pool).

I'm new at all this so I appreciate all the tips and information I can get.

Thanks!

ok, so I've read the link and went out to buy a 3 way test kit at walmart. I poured the suggested amount of bleach last night in to the pool and also added CYA and tied it to a sock and have it hanging close to the return.

My question is, is it ok to go and have a dip inside the pool or should i wait until this weekend?

Here's what my test indicated as of this morning:

FC: 2
Br: 4 (not sure what this stands for. Bromine?)
pH: 8.2

Br is bromine, which you will not have unless you added it. You can ignore that reading on the test block. You need to bring the pH down to around 7.2-7.5 Get some muriatic acid, http://www.troublefreepool.com/calc.html will tell you how much to add to lower pH. Other than that you are good to swim when your FC is in the recommended range for your pool and the water is clear.

Those pumps are notoriously underpowered so I would run the pump whenever there is no one swimming.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.