Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Just filled up Intex Easy Set pool. What now?

1. Back To Top    #1

Just filled up Intex Easy Set pool. What now?

Hello Everyone. Im new here and just finished setting up and filling up a 16x42 Intex Easy Set pool. (says 3700 gallons of water).

My first question is, what is the first step to take before letting my daughters jump into the pool? I ordered a test kit off amazon(TF-100) but I was wondering if its safe and ok to let my daughters jump in the pool or wait until I test the water?

When and how long do I run the pump for? (intex pump that came with the pool).

I'm new at all this so I appreciate all the tips and information I can get.

Thanks!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Just filled up Intex Easy Set pool. What now?

It's safe to jump in as long as you can see the bottom. For your purposes, the easiest start up might be here: Pool School - Guide for Seasonal/Temporary Pools
    Joel - TFP Moderator - Minnesota - **Become a TFP Supporter!** Helpful Links: ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry - SLAM Procedure - Chlorine/CYA Chart
    40x20 Pool: 32K Gallons * Vinyl * Bleach Chlorination * Hayward S270T Sand Filter * Pentair SuperFlo 1 HP * Teledyne/Laars Heater * AquaVac Tigershark * TF-100 w/ SpeedStir
    Isolated Spa - 345 Gallons

3. Back To Top    #3

Thanks a lot!! I will be taking a read

4. Back To Top    #4

ok, so I've read the link and went out to buy a 3 way test kit at walmart. I poured the suggested amount of bleach last night in to the pool and also added CYA and tied it to a sock and have it hanging close to the return.

My question is, is it ok to go and have a dip inside the pool or should i wait until this weekend?

Here's what my test indicated as of this morning:

FC: 2
    Br: 4 (not sure what this stands for. Bromine?)
    pH: 8.2

5. Back To Top    #5

Br is bromine, which you will not have unless you added it. You can ignore that reading on the test block. You need to bring the pH down to around 7.2-7.5 Get some muriatic acid, http://www.troublefreepool.com/calc.html will tell you how much to add to lower pH. Other than that you are good to swim when your FC is in the recommended range for your pool and the water is clear.

Those pumps are notoriously underpowered so I would run the pump whenever there is no one swimming.
    TFP Moderator
    Helpful links: TF Test Kits,TFP Pool School, PoolMath
    Vogue 21' round AG, Pentair 1 hp 2 speed pump, 36 sq ft DE filter, Hayward S180T 150# sand filter, Houston, Texas
    Love TFP? Become a
    TFP Supporter!

6. Back To Top    #6

Awesome! =) I will go out tomorrow and buy the muriatic acid and definitely keep the pump running when no one is swimming.

thank you.