Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Your website is earns a gold star!!

1. Back To Top    #1

Yorktown, NY

Your website is earns a gold star!!

Last Friday, I found algae growing in my pool. We have had a terrible time getting our free chlorine to rise. Unfortunately, I bought and used non-foaming HTH Algaecide before finding your site. Needless to say, most of my weekend was spent sifting out the algae foam. I have read through your site and found many useful tips. This year, I am taking care of the pool. I am a school teacher, so monies tight, especially in the summer. We asked our pool guy just to open and close the pool, we would do the rest. I thought I had done well, up to the point of the algae. As I read your site more, I realized the first thing I need to do was to buy a better test kit! Thank you for all of the wonderful information!
    36 x 18 rectangular in-ground liner, 28,000 gallons, Hayward Pro Series Sand Filter

2. Back To Top    #2
    Houston, Texas

Re: Your website is earns a gold star!!

Hi, welcome to TFP! Thank you very much for your kind words! Glad we could help!
    TFP Moderator
    Helpful links: TF Test Kits,TFP Pool School, PoolMath
    Vogue 21' round AG, Pentair 1 hp 2 speed pump, 36 sq ft DE filter, Hayward S180T 150# sand filter, Houston, Texas
    Love TFP? Become a
    TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

In the Industry
    Sebring, Florida

Welcome to the forum.

Several of our Moderators desperately need Gold Stars in their files.

I am glad you provided one they can all share!!
    Dave S. - Forum owner
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

4. Back To Top    #4
    Tallahassee, FL

HEY! Another teacher! SWEET!

hehe I am taking ALL of the gold start since I am the one always giving them out!

TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit, Become a TFP supporter!

5. Back To Top    #5
    Mod Squad
    DFW, TX

Welcome to TFP!
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach