Backfilling the Buried AGP.... clear stone or don't bother?

Jun 16, 2014
Uxbridge Ontario
We have just installed a 21' round AGP and buried it 2' on one side and about 1.5' on the other.
We were initially going to put an o-pipe around the base of the pool and put some crush over top and then backfill the rest with the excavated soil which is sandy/clay and packs VERY well.
In discussions with a couple of people we decided that the o-pipe and crush weren't really of much benefit because we couldn't dig a trench for it to go anywhere. So we were just going to backfill with the soil we took out.
Then I asked the local Pool guy what he thought and he said to put some crush in around the pool and then backfill.
But now I am wondering if that is even worth the trouble. Our friend borrowed our trailer and has not returned it and we live in a house with a walkout basement so getting all this stuff here and into the backyard is just getting to be a bit much lol combined with the rest of the fill we still need to get up to the driveway, I'd really rather not have to do anything that isn't necessary.

If we lived in a locale that did not freeze, I wouldn't be concerned, but we do freeze here and I am worried about frost heaving.

Does anyone who has buried an AGP in a similar fashion have any input as to what they did?
How has the pool held up to freezing/thawing and how did you backfill?

Thanks in advance!

- - - Updated - - -

This is it's current state and I would REALLY like the rest of my yard back ASAP!!! lol

image1.jpg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.