New 21' AGP, looking for drop in steps.. are inground ones any different?

I've been using inground wedding style steps in our pool for as long as we've owned it. The big difference in inground as opposed to aboveground, is the inground doesn't have the ladder for the outside. That doesn't matter if you have a deck.

I used to have the wedding cake syle steps. Overall I liked them but it was a pain in weighing them down and then getting the weights out when closing it for the season (used 50 lb bags of sand). Not a deal breaker but just something to be aware of. I did think they looked good though. Sorry for the unsolicited advice :)

Our wedding cake steps are for in ground as well. They still have the angled backside at the bottom to accommodate the cove. As mentioned above, the weight required to hold them in place is ridiculous and that makes them a pita to move to clean under.

Thanks for that tip about the cove! I never even considered that!
I knew about the weight and the algae potential and I think we have decided to go with the olympic drop in steps.
They are pretty much completely open in the back so there will be no issues with algae with the exception of a small amount under the footing of the steps which shouldn't be too hard to manage.

New Olympic Drop In Step - Pioneer Family Pools

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.