Need advice. In an effort to stop sand in my pool, I have taken the steps below without success.
1. Emptied filter.
2. Inspected laterals (no problems observed)
3. Replaced 2 laterals I broke trying to remove them.
4. removed and inspected all internal plumbing (no problems observed)
5. Replaced sand with Leslies filter sand.
5. Put a thin layer of teflon tape on all internal threads, retightened to finger snug.
6. Removed and replaced the spider gasket.
And I STILL have about 1/2 cup per day of sand in my pool, mostly on the steps. And when I backwash I lose 1-2 cups of sand, consistently. Any ideas?