Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Black Onyx vs. Ocean Blue Pebble Sheen

1. Back To Top    #1

Black Onyx vs. Ocean Blue Pebble Sheen

Would love to see photos of your pool if you picked one of these finishes. I was originally sold on Ocean Blue, but I want a DARK pool since I want a WARM pool. Concerned that with a pool that is only 3.5-5.5 it won't be deep enough to be truly dark. However, the photos online seem to show the Black Onyx looking more green than blue, and I definitely would like more of a blue color. Any thoughts appreciated!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Black Onyx vs. Ocean Blue Pebble Sheen

Lotta pics of my black onyx in my build thread, link in sig. Ours looks green sometimes and blue sometimes. I think the green vs blue color is also dependent on lighting, clouds and who knows what else. We also have a lot of trees reflecting green back into the pool.

Our PB also has a lot of different Pebbletec pool pics in their website
    Reber Pools
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

3. Back To Top    #3

Thanks! Good point about the trees. We have a lot of them so color may tend to skew green. Still debating which finish to choose, but I discovered something new on your build page - love your rock salt concrete patio. Might be the answer to my budget woes about Travertine.

4. Back To Top    #4

That rock salt deck is the bomb.com! We are starting season 5 with it and it looks great, ZERO maintenance besides a rare hose off. Way cooler than the flagstone coping, not slippery at all and no extra charge. Does it get better?

Everyone's fear of green pools is based on a green, dirty, algae pool. A clear, sparkly TFPC pool always looks good whether green or blue.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach