New Build - IG Pool/Spa/Grotto - Little Elm,TX upd 08/23 New Pics

Re: New Build - IG Pool/Spa/Grotto - Little Elm,TX upd 08/13 Blue Granite looks teal?

Mine looked just like this! It gets bluer! Pool looks amazing!

Re: New Build - IG Pool/Spa/Grotto - Little Elm,TX upd 08/13 Rain,Rain,Go away......

Well.... the pool was GREAT half full when I got to enjoy it.... its been constantly crappy weather so I haven't been able to use it. Pool School got delayed until Tuesday, but the pool is up and running. I will take some pics when it gets better.

I am sure all my DFW neighbors are suffering with me :neutral:

Pool is still tealish, I haven't tested it yet, but my PB just threw some chlorine tabs into the pool and Salt should get thrown in next week or so.

Insane weather... it feels like its going to rain until summer is over with.

Re: New Build - IG Pool/Spa/Grotto - Little Elm,TX upd 08/13 Rain,Rain,Go away......

Well.... the pool was GREAT half full when I got to enjoy it.... its been constantly crappy weather so I haven't been able to use it. Pool School got delayed until Tuesday, but the pool is up and running. I will take some pics when it gets better.

I am sure all my DFW neighbors are suffering with me :neutral:

Pool is still tealish, I haven't tested it yet, but my PB just threw some chlorine tabs into the pool and Salt should get thrown in next week or so.

Insane weather... it feels like its going to rain until summer is over with.

Great looking pool! I think Pebble Tec recommends waiting 30 days prior to adding salt after plaster. If your plaster/PT was applied on 8/12, you may want to wait until mid Sept.

Great looking pool! I think Pebble Tec recommends waiting 30 days prior to adding salt after plaster. If your plaster/PT was applied on 8/12, you may want to wait until mid Sept.

Thank you. My PB is the one putting the salt in for the first time so I am leaning on their discretion.

In other note, my pool school got rescheduled till tomorrow, however, I called my PM and he said I could fire up the spa and that is what I did on Saturday night. I got that sucker up to 100 degrees in probably 20 minutes. It was awesome.

Pool is still not blue yet, so I am holding off taking pics, plus all the sand on the deck.

Thank you. My PB is the one putting the salt in for the first time so I am leaning on their discretion.

If I were you, I would ask PB to delay salt for 30 days. At the very least bring it up to PB and ask his rationale for adding salt within 2 weeks when the standard is 4 to 5 weeks. Making the assumption that PB knows everything about every single item related to the pools is probably a mistake.

It is on their pebbletec's website too - see list of Do's and Donts.

Pool Care Instructions Pebble Tec

DO wait at least 28 days before adding salt to the pool, if using a salt water chlorine generator. Salt left on the finish surface may scale, stain, or discolor the finish and is not covered by the warranty.

Re: New Build - IG Pool/Spa/Grotto - Little Elm,TX upd 08/20

Thanks for the FYI... I will ask him about that tomorrow.

For now, pictures! Excuse the sand in the pool... we still don't have sod so its a war out there. Color seems to be getting more blue, we honestly love it if it stayed that color. However, I will give it more time.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
look really great! beautiful pool!

Did they seal the stone for you?

Nope. I was going to roll on some DuPont Salt water sealer, but I might just pass on it. My brother in law has a SWCG in Flower Mound, no travertine, but he has OK Flagstone and I didn't see ANY signs of damage.

To be frank, I won't have that high of a bather load for a while, salt shouldn't be splashing everywhere. I am just going to hose it down every night I use it. A thread popped up about it just recently and I think it settled it for me.

What I am more concerned about is how dirty the stone is and my existing patio! I really want them to powerwash the dang thing.

On another note, one thing we are VERY happy with is the raised step to the spa, my wife and I have sat down on that lip and put our feet in the pool a handful of times already. Its just really nice place to drink a cool beer on a hot night.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.