New Build - IG Pool/Spa/Grotto - Little Elm,TX upd 08/23 New Pics

Re: New Build - IG Pool/Spa/Grotto - Little Elm,TX (w lots of pics!)

One thing I like for the waterfalls and grottos is for the plaster/goop/whatever it is called to be "curved in" with the stones. To me it makes the stones stand out more. Some people like it to be even with the stones. You need to do some looking and see what way you like it so you know what to tell them to do.

Kim:cat:

July 14th: One day after Gunite.... I bonded with the shell by watering it in the early morning.... only to be surprised to arrive home AND TILE WAS COMPLETED (OR 95%)!!!!

How did it turn out? Grout lines look the right color and look fairly tight all the way around. We LOVE the color and how it looks! VERY HAPPY.

This is the only sliver they missed (maybe the spa waterfall as well?)

I want your PM!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

:cool: My PM has been there 13 years, and honestly, he has only been to the test site a few times, he is responsive when I have questions and he seems to be scheduling very competent workers. I can't complain at all, I have voiced my concerns a few times and he has gladly answered them. Not to say it has been perfect (few minor delays here and there), but the job seems to be getting done right. I am WELL behind you too so we have a lot of time to go.

July 15th: Good amount of rain watered my shell in the morning. Collected quite a bit too. Watered it in the evening.

Crew came out and started removing the framing of the pool. The wood, stakes, and cardboard that helped form it.

Gas Line was run and quite a mess it was. Line was installed. I assume the left it open for inspectors.

Pictures soon.

I do like that tile! I have several bookmarked in the catalog and one of them looks very similar to that. I expect my PB is going to want to know tomorrow which one I want so he can order it tomorrow after they shoot the gunite. Ugh, decisions, decisions!

@Mermanaid It looks like you were right.... they did remove the forms, ran the gas line, and inspected it.

Stonework is scheduled for early next week. I see Finish Short Stub / Mech. EQ Set (anyone know what this is??) and Electrical Equip. as scheduled as well.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

short stub is when they run the plumbing just enough to get gunite done, but not all the way plumbed back to the pad. guessing that means they'll wrap up the short stub plumbing and get the mechanical equipment installed at the pad location and then electric to it next.

short stub is when they run the plumbing just enough to get gunite done, but not all the way plumbed back to the pad. guessing that means they'll wrap up the short stub plumbing and get the mechanical equipment installed at the pad location and then electric to it next.

Thank you. I figured it was that.

July 20th: My PM was out of the office on a surgery so I got a hold of him today.

Since I am doing Jandy's new VersaPlumb system to save additional energy, the one part is on back order and supposed to ship out towards the end of this week.

Per PM, Rockwork will begin early next week, should take 5-6 days. Plumbing, electrical, and equipment setup should happen next week as well. Decking is around two weeks away.

All good signs. Also, I have finished my watering duties on the Gunite :cool:

July 20th: My PM was out of the office on a surgery so I got a hold of him today.

Since I am doing Jandy's new VersaPlumb system to save additional energy, the one part is on back order and supposed to ship out towards the end of this week.

Per PM, Rockwork will begin early next week, should take 5-6 days. Plumbing, electrical, and equipment setup should happen next week as well. Decking is around two weeks away.

All good signs. Also, I have finished my watering duties on the Gunite :cool:

That's GREAT!

Beautiful!! Looks perfect with your waterline tile!! What type of stone is that? I love the chiseled edge! It's what I wanted but the Masons said it was too difficult with the flagstone I chose, so I have cut edges. Looks nice but not what I was imagining.

Beautiful!! Looks perfect with your waterline tile!! What type of stone is that? I love the chiseled edge! It's what I wanted but the Masons said it was too difficult with the flagstone I chose, so I have cut edges. Looks nice but not what I was imagining.

Thanks!

It's Oklahoma Flagstone. The crew is hand chiselling it in my backyard. I am impressed at how thick cut it is. My brother in law has it and it's much thinner. I was surprised that they quit working at 8PM.

More pictures tomorrow.

8AM on the dot they showed up to begin rockwork again. My wife was home and noticed they weren't using any contrast in the spa wall so I quickly called my PM and he got a hold of the crew to add some variation to it and WE LOVE IT. We are very happy we decided to go with Ashlar pattern Oklahoma Chopped block over stacked stone. Love the chiselled eding they put on the sides. Very very happy with the masons.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.