Having trouble keeping FC up

May 9, 2015
Southern TN
I am having to put what seems to me a lot of liquid chlorine in each day. I passed the overnight test, CC comes up 0. I do have a little bit of gritty trash in the bottom of the pool around my steps. I think it is sand that got in pool from where they had it on concrete while replacing bottom and liner. I had to put 92 ozs in it this morning.

CYA is 60
Using 10% liquid chlorine

Can you post of a full set of results?

Have you done the OCLT test to see if you having something like algae growing in your pool? Pool School - Perform the Overnight FC Loss Test (OCLT)

Are you putting in 92 oz a day? If so, that isn't a lot considering the size of your pool.

Yes, I passed overnight test.
pH 7.8
CH 30
TA 60
CYA 60

- - - Updated - - -

Last yr I didn't add as much with a higher cya

Define "a lot". 92 oz will raise your FC 3. With as hot and sunny as it's been, that's not that much to lose everyday.

Also, are you checking date codes? What's your source for chlorine?

I don't think 92 oz is a lot and is about the expected amount of FC loss per day at the height of summer. The sun is the strongest this time of year, so I don't have any concerns that you are adding 92 oz a day.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.