Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: AGP Erosion & Drainage Issues

1. Back To Top    #1

AGP Erosion & Drainage Issues

Basically we had to dig about 2.5 down on one side of the pool to get the pool base level. Which also creates a little bit of a drain issue when it rains like it did yesterday. Doesn't look like we had and dirt wash down between the pool and the ground but what dirt was around the bottom of the pool is now mud.

What I'm looking for are any ideas on how to get the water out of there so it doesn't turn to mud (or at least minimize it some).

Here are some pics. To the right of the ladder the ground has about 3" of cut and that gradually goes from 3" to 2.5'.

AGP: 21' x 52" : 10,000 gallon
    100 lb. Sand Filter / 1 hp pump
    11-5 full sun

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: AGP Erosion & Drainage Issues

Only thing I can think of is to maybe put some gravel down, bury a sump pump at the lowest point and cover with additional gravel. Then, when it rains, pump out the excess water.

16x36 Vinyl Pool - 22.5K gallons.
    Jandy Stealth 1hp pump - Jandy CS-150 filter
    Jandy Legacy 250k heater - Jandy Ei SWCG
    Jandy Watercolors LED light
    Paramount Vanquish in-floor cleaner

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by carlos31820 View Post
    Only thing I can think of is to maybe put some gravel down, bury a sump pump at the lowest point and cover with additional gravel. Then, when it rains, pump out the excess water.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    That might be a good idea. I'll probably put in a drain tile and some gravel for the time being.

Luckily we didn't have any dirt wash down from the yard. We don't have any runoff from the yard in that area, what mud was around the pool is just from the rain coming down and collecting around the pool. There's probably about 6-10" inches of backfill at the base of the pool that can't be seen in the picture with the pool.
    11-5 full sun

4. Back To Top    #4

Whag about putting in a 4" flexible drainage pipe around the buried side and run it around to the non buried side the pool where it could drain out and run away and back till with crushed rock.

24'x52" Artesian w/ Portifino liner - Hayward 1hp powerflo matrix w/24" sand filter - AquaTrol RJ SWG. Solar heating to come. -

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by Jamison04 View Post
    Whag about putting in a 4" flexible drainage pipe around the buried side and run it around to the non buried side the pool where it could drain out and run away and back till with crushed rock.
    I think that's probably going to be what I'll need to do. I suppose I just lay the pipe about 6" away from the edge of the pool and put something on the pool wall to protect it from the crushed rock once it's added onto the pipe?
    11-5 full sun