Replacement Caps

May 26, 2009
I purchased a house that already has an above ground pool. The pool has a new liner but needs new caps. I have no idea what company made the pool, therefore, I am having a hard time buying replacement caps. Does anyone have any idea if there is a cap that is universal or how I can purchase new ones?

Thanks!

Hello Shaylee and welcome to TFP!

It is kind of hard to figure out your question from your post but I will take a guess and try to help you a little. You stated that the pool has a new liner, what style of liner is it, overlap, bead, or what? A picture would help greatly to help figure out the part(s) you are talking about. If it is an overlap liner, are you talking about the "caps" that go over the edge of the pool wall to hold the liner in place at the top of the wall? If it is an overlap liner that is the coping and is plastic pieces approximately 3 or 4 feet long and just snaps over the edge of the wall. It is pretty universal and can be found online or at most pool stores that sell replacement liners.

Are are you talking abouth the metal or resin top rail that goes around the pool edge?

We really need more information and like I said a pic would be very helpful.

I have the same question. I need to replace the cap/railing around the top of the walls of the pool. In my case it is metal. The pool is old, I bought the house with it. I have no documentation or can find any manufacturer information on the outside of the pool - is there a common place to look for this? I have replaced the lining and the sides are in good condition. A replacement generic vinyl cap/railing would do the trick if there is such a thing? Any ideas? Thanks.

Hello all,
Newbie poster here although I've been a fan for quite a while!
I am also in need of some pool caps and have been trying to get them replaced for two to three years now with no luck. I have a 27' round Vogue Flair pool, installed about 7 years ago. We ended up with wind damage from the winter, the wind got under the cover and lifted it enough to destroy 8 of our pool caps. These are the caps that link the rails together at each column the whole way around the pool. I have contacted vogue directly with no luck, they will not deal with pool owners directly. I have emailed every vogue pool dealer within a two to three hr radius from our home via email with no luck. We've ended up getting them shipped through a dealer twice (two different ones) both times they did not fit. (now were stuck with them and they cost us $80) The part/manufacturers # is the same everytime a dealer speaks with them but the part does not fit. It has not seemed to compromise the stability of the pool but it looks really bad and does hurt if you happen to get too close and scrape yourself. I'm with the two previous posters....wondering if there is some sort of generic cap somewhere or maybe a pool salvage somewhere that I might be able to find them at.......Any help would be appreciated. I can send pictures if needed.
Thanks,
Corrinna

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.