Slamming and rain?

So, our levels were holding steady and the water was clear and we were getting ready to do the overnight test - and then it rained. Sooooo, the CC reading was 2ppm and we lost 6ppm overnight. So, once this rains finally stops, how long before the CC will lower and we can do an overnight test?

So, our levels were holding steady and the water was clear and we were getting ready to do the overnight test - and then it rained. Sooooo, the CC reading was 2ppm and we lost 6ppm overnight. So, once this rains finally stops, how long before the CC will lower and we can do an overnight test?
I really doubt that your FC dropped because of the rain. When I top off my pool (6700 gallons) 2 or so inches I don't measure any FC change at all.

To dilute 75% of your FC you would need to drain and refill a very large amount of water.

I have no idea how long your CC's will take to get under control as you do not state what level they are, or other chemistry levels.

Which Taylor kit do you own?

Please post a complete set of test results including:
FC
CC
PH
TA
CH
CYA

Dom

Thanks!

I am not testing anything but FC/CC at the moment, being that it's not recommended during a SLAM. My CYA is 45 and using Taylor 2006. I'm getting over algae. Been maintaining 20ppm and levels weren't moving wildly until after 2 days of rain. Not sure what's happening then. I'll continue with the SLAM.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.