Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Slamming and rain?

1. Back To Top    #1

Slamming and rain?

So, our levels were holding steady and the water was clear and we were getting ready to do the overnight test - and then it rained. Sooooo, the CC reading was 2ppm and we lost 6ppm overnight. So, once this rains finally stops, how long before the CC will lower and we can do an overnight test?
    AG pool is a 7,500, 200# sand filter, 2 speed pump and Taylor kit,

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

Re: Slamming and rain?

Quote Originally Posted by blessedmamato3 View Post
    So, our levels were holding steady and the water was clear and we were getting ready to do the overnight test - and then it rained. Sooooo, the CC reading was 2ppm and we lost 6ppm overnight. So, once this rains finally stops, how long before the CC will lower and we can do an overnight test?
    I really doubt that your FC dropped because of the rain. When I top off my pool (6700 gallons) 2 or so inches I don't measure any FC change at all.

To dilute 75% of your FC you would need to drain and refill a very large amount of water.

I have no idea how long your CC's will take to get under control as you do not state what level they are, or other chemistry levels.

Which Taylor kit do you own?

Please post a complete set of test results including:
    FC
    CC
    PH
    TA
    CH
    CYA

Dom
    Dom - TFP Guide
    Intex 18' X 48" Ultra Frame AGP 6700 gallons | Two Intex CS8110 SWG's | Hayward Pro Series 21" Sandfilter | Hayward 1.5HP Power Flo Matrix pump | Hayward Thru-wall Skimmer | Wanda the Whale | 72 sq ft of Sungrabber Solar Panels with Hayward GLC-2P-A | Taylor K2006 Test Kit, Sample Sizer & Speed Stir | Click Here To Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

In the Industry

Rain is really not relevant. Continue your SLAM.
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

4. Back To Top    #4

Thanks!

I am not testing anything but FC/CC at the moment, being that it's not recommended during a SLAM. My CYA is 45 and using Taylor 2006. I'm getting over algae. Been maintaining 20ppm and levels weren't moving wildly until after 2 days of rain. Not sure what's happening then. I'll continue with the SLAM.
    AG pool is a 7,500, 200# sand filter, 2 speed pump and Taylor kit,

5. Back To Top    #5

TFP Guide

How's your SLAM going?

Dom
    Dom - TFP Guide
    Intex 18' X 48" Ultra Frame AGP 6700 gallons | Two Intex CS8110 SWG's | Hayward Pro Series 21" Sandfilter | Hayward 1.5HP Power Flo Matrix pump | Hayward Thru-wall Skimmer | Wanda the Whale | 72 sq ft of Sungrabber Solar Panels with Hayward GLC-2P-A | Taylor K2006 Test Kit, Sample Sizer & Speed Stir | Click Here To Become a TFP Supporter!