Pump and Filter cover?

Apr 27, 2009
Pensacola, FL
Hi all!

Has anyone built/bought some kind of covering for their pump and filter? Mine is in full sun all day and I think it needs to be covered??
I would really appreciate any pics if you have them too so I can show hubby the next project :?

I put all of my equipment in my garage and ran rigid pvc pipe out to the pool. I like the equipment in the garage because is stays out of the rain and the sun. I have also seen people make small shed like structures to cover their equipment.

keri1973 - I saw in your signature that you have an Arcadia pool. Is that a Patriot Arcadia? If so do you have any pictures of the pool and your install and or any comments about the pool its self. We are picking up our pool Friday and installing it this weekend and we are getting the Arcadia. Thanks.

imalittleturt said:
I put all of my equipment in my garage and ran rigid pvc pipe out to the pool. I like the equipment in the garage because is stays out of the rain and the sun. I have also seen people make small shed like structures to cover their equipment.

keri1973 - I saw in your signature that you have an Arcadia pool. Is that a Patriot Arcadia? If so do you have any pictures of the pool and your install and or any comments about the pool its self. We are picking up our pool Friday and installing it this weekend and we are getting the Arcadia. Thanks.

Yes thats our pool! We chose this one because it was cheaper than the others. We had it installed the middle of April. I don't have any install pics but I can run take one and post it. So far so good with ours.

Pool looks great! I cant wait to get ours going. We originally bought a Sea Spray allure display pool in Feburary. Things did not work out with the display pool so the pool store is giving us the Arcadia, new in the box for the same price. Are you happy with the Arcadia? I know it is a cheaper pool but it looks very nice and flet pretty sturdy in the store.

I built this little "doghouse" for my spa equipment this spring. I'm putting a portable spa half inground and integrating it with our AG pool. The two spa pumps and blower aren't made to be out in the elements(they are normally under the shell of the tub) so I had to build the doghouse to protect them. By moving the pumps and blower by the rest of the equip. I can change the water in the spa with water in the pool, and take advantage of the solar heater panels to heat the spa with just the turn of a valve.

It's not quite finished, I still need to put some siding(leftover from house) on it.
006.jpg

Adam

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
keri1973 said:
Thanks for the pic! Its made to be lifted off and moved to get to the equipment? Or is there a door or something?

Originally, I was just figuring on lifting the whole thing up to move it, but quickly realized it would be too heavy. Not to mention thee are pipes going through the sides. So instead, the whole roof is hinged and it just swings up and rests on the fence.

P.S. Pool pumps aren't very noisy, so unless it's like 5 ft. from someones window, it's probably not something to worry about.

Adam

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.