Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pump and Filter cover?

1. Back To Top    #1

Pump and Filter cover?

Hi all!

Has anyone built/bought some kind of covering for their pump and filter? Mine is in full sun all day and I think it needs to be covered??
    I would really appreciate any pics if you have them too so I can show hubby the next project
    18ft. Arcadia Round AGP - 19" Sand Filter, 1 hp pump
    Foam cove/ Gorilla Pad/ Wedding cake steps
    Sta Rite Lil' Shark cleaner and Aquabot Pool Rover cleaner - Aqua-Luminator light and return flow w/fountain attachment
    Added Borates 5/19/09 Taylor K-1005 and Taylor FAS-DPD Chlorine Tests

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Pump and Filter cover?

I had a cover for my pump before the dogs destroyed it. not sure why the filter would need one.
    http://www.lesliespool.com/browse/Home/ ... 40/I/38605
    16x32 21,000 gallon in-ground exposed aggregate, 1.5hp pump, 120 sqft catridge filter, birdcage, solar panels, aquavac tigershark qc robot.

3. Back To Top    #3

I put all of my equipment in my garage and ran rigid pvc pipe out to the pool. I like the equipment in the garage because is stays out of the rain and the sun. I have also seen people make small shed like structures to cover their equipment.

keri1973 - I saw in your signature that you have an Arcadia pool. Is that a Patriot Arcadia? If so do you have any pictures of the pool and your install and or any comments about the pool its self. We are picking up our pool Friday and installing it this weekend and we are getting the Arcadia. Thanks.
    Patriot Arcadia 15' round 52". Pentair Clean and Clear 100 sqft Cartridge filter, 1HP Optiflow pump, Goldline Aquatrol SWG. 2 - 4'x20' solar panels roof mounted. All rigid PVC plumbing. Resin Solar reel with 8mil Thermo-tex solar cover. 14 x 12 deck.

Ovation 15'x24'x52'' AG. Pentair System 3 150 SQ foot cartridge filter, 1 1/2 HP pump.

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by imalittleturt
    I put all of my equipment in my garage and ran rigid pvc pipe out to the pool. I like the equipment in the garage because is stays out of the rain and the sun. I have also seen people make small shed like structures to cover their equipment.

keri1973 - I saw in your signature that you have an Arcadia pool. Is that a Patriot Arcadia? If so do you have any pictures of the pool and your install and or any comments about the pool its self. We are picking up our pool Friday and installing it this weekend and we are getting the Arcadia. Thanks.

Yes thats our pool! We chose this one because it was cheaper than the others. We had it installed the middle of April. I don't have any install pics but I can run take one and post it. So far so good with ours.
    Sta Rite Lil' Shark cleaner and Aquabot Pool Rover cleaner - Aqua-Luminator light and return flow w/fountain attachment

5. Back To Top    #5

[attachment=0:3rgi0dt0]100_0363.jpg[/attachment:3rgi0dt0]
    Attached Images Attached Images

6. Back To Top    #6

Pool looks great! I cant wait to get ours going. We originally bought a Sea Spray allure display pool in Feburary. Things did not work out with the display pool so the pool store is giving us the Arcadia, new in the box for the same price. Are you happy with the Arcadia? I know it is a cheaper pool but it looks very nice and flet pretty sturdy in the store.
    Patriot Arcadia 15' round 52". Pentair Clean and Clear 100 sqft Cartridge filter, 1HP Optiflow pump, Goldline Aquatrol SWG. 2 - 4'x20' solar panels roof mounted. All rigid PVC plumbing. Resin Solar reel with 8mil Thermo-tex solar cover. 14 x 12 deck.

Ovation 15'x24'x52'' AG. Pentair System 3 150 SQ foot cartridge filter, 1 1/2 HP pump.

7. Back To Top    #7

Thanks! and yes I'm happy with it.

8. Back To Top    #8

I built this little "doghouse" for my spa equipment this spring. I'm putting a portable spa half inground and integrating it with our AG pool. The two spa pumps and blower aren't made to be out in the elements(they are normally under the shell of the tub) so I had to build the doghouse to protect them. By moving the pumps and blower by the rest of the equip. I can change the water in the spa with water in the pool, and take advantage of the solar heater panels to heat the spa with just the turn of a valve.

It's not quite finished, I still need to put some siding(leftover from house) on it.

Adam
    18' x 42" Intex Easyset Pool, with 16' x 52" deep end in the middle. Approx. 5500 Gal.
    Hayward Power-Flo LX 1 HP, 100# Jacuzzi Brand Sand Filter(Piped underground so it looks nice) 8)
    3 - 2' x 20' Solar Pool Heater Panels(roof mounted)
    Goin' on 9 summers...NOBODY thought it would last this long.
    Buried Portable Spa sharing pumps and water with pool (Almost complete project)

9. Back To Top    #9

Thanks for the pic! Its made to be lifted off and moved to get to the equipment? Or is there a door or something?

10. Back To Top    #10

Does anyone know if the pump cover that someone linked to reduces the amount of noise? My wife is concerned the neighbours will find the noise intrusive. Thanks.
    16 X 32 Vinyl. Hayward aqua rite salt system, T -15 cell. Hayward H250 gas heater, Hayward 1HP superpump.

11. Back To Top    #11

this one?
    http://www.lesliespool.com/browse/Home/ ... 40/I/38605
    no, it's just a plastiic cover that fits onto the body of the pump motor. pumps really aren't too noisy...and I think they have ones that run quieter (whisperflo models...I assume that's what it means) if you're in the market for buying one.
    16x32 21,000 gallon in-ground exposed aggregate, 1.5hp pump, 120 sqft catridge filter, birdcage, solar panels, aquavac tigershark qc robot.

12. Back To Top    #12

Quote Originally Posted by keri1973
    Thanks for the pic! Its made to be lifted off and moved to get to the equipment? Or is there a door or something?
    Originally, I was just figuring on lifting the whole thing up to move it, but quickly realized it would be too heavy. Not to mention thee are pipes going through the sides. So instead, the whole roof is hinged and it just swings up and rests on the fence.

P.S. Pool pumps aren't very noisy, so unless it's like 5 ft. from someones window, it's probably not something to worry about.

Adam
    18' x 42" Intex Easyset Pool, with 16' x 52" deep end in the middle. Approx. 5500 Gal.
    Hayward Power-Flo LX 1 HP, 100# Jacuzzi Brand Sand Filter(Piped underground so it looks nice) 8)
    3 - 2' x 20' Solar Pool Heater Panels(roof mounted)
    Goin' on 9 summers...NOBODY thought it would last this long.
    Buried Portable Spa sharing pumps and water with pool (Almost complete project)