Best method to plug an unused lighting conduit into spa?

stimpsonjcat

Bronze Supporter
Feb 23, 2016
Dawsonville, GA
We have been abandoned by our pool builder.

Several things are left unfinished. The most annoying is that there is a conduit (grey plastic) from the spa to the area where the automation was supposed to go. I never wanted the stupid lights anyway, and this leaks and prevents me being able to get the water level in the spa to the proper level.

Can I just shove something into the conduit in the spa and then pack the hole with hydraulic cement? Can this be done with the water in or should I drain it to do this?

Better option?

Second annoying thing on the spa is that the blower to add bubbles is far too powerful. It causes massive loss of water out of the spa. Should I just drill a hole in the PVC near the blower to calm it down? I could adjust a piece of flashing over the hole with a ring-clamp to get the right amount.

I expected to get an adjustment at the spa, but I see no way to make that happen.

And I have to get the propane line hooked up to the heater, but I think I have the plumber and propane supplier just about in agreement about which of them does what to make that happen.

Thanks for all replies!

Great idea gwegan.

I bought a 1" plug as the conduit ID is 1", alas, the actual hole in the spa is bigger, so I will have to find climb back in there with a rule and measure the hole.

Still struggling to find a contractor to run the propane line to the heater.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.