What is this hole???

Jul 4, 2016
Pensacola
The pool needed a new liner, yanked the old one out and found this hole next to the skimmer. It was originally had a ring around it like a return jet holding the liner over it. It goes as far as I can check with a straightened out wire coat hanger. There is only two cut off valves one for main drain, and one for the skimmer. When filtering if we had the skimmer on we could never get all the air out of the pump. So often we have to turn the skimmer valve half off and let the main drain do most of the work. How do I check to see if this is a side vacuum line, or discover what it is. If it's just a hole in the pool can it be plumbed for a side vacuum?? Thanks a lot in advanced!

uploadfromtaptalk1467697398030.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

you can hook a shop vac in reverse to blow air through it and see where it goes :) if you have valves you may have to move them to get the air through...

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.