Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: What is this hole???

1. Back To Top    #1

What is this hole???

The pool needed a new liner, yanked the old one out and found this hole next to the skimmer. It was originally had a ring around it like a return jet holding the liner over it. It goes as far as I can check with a straightened out wire coat hanger. There is only two cut off valves one for main drain, and one for the skimmer. When filtering if we had the skimmer on we could never get all the air out of the pump. So often we have to turn the skimmer valve half off and let the main drain do most of the work. How do I check to see if this is a side vacuum line, or discover what it is. If it's just a hole in the pool can it be plumbed for a side vacuum?? Thanks a lot in advanced!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
    Oval inground pool 18x36, built mid '90's. Pentair 3/4 horsepower pump, Hayward Vari-Flo XL valve sand filter, both installed 2015.

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide
    Fletcher, OK

Re: What is this hole???

you can hook a shop vac in reverse to blow air through it and see where it goes if you have valves you may have to move them to get the air through...
    Pool: Intex 16x32 15000 gal, 2 speed 340042, Pentair CC320 Filter, CircuPool SJ45 Salt System, Intermatic PE653RC; Hot Tub: 650 Gal SWG Megachlor
    links: pool school * Recommended-Levels * SLAM * CYA chart * Test kits * How To Post Pictures * Poolmath * OCLT ** Support your website if we helped you :) **

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: What is this hole???

I have this same hole and it's for suction for a automatic vac system. Mine has a flap that only allows suction when a hose is connected. (Suction hose for auto sweeper)
    8200 gallon pool and spa, inground, plaster, city water, 1-1/2 hp variable speed pump
    hayward DE 4820. Hayward H400 heater. Pool doesn't have a deep end, 4' depth across
    Full Bird Cage