We've had an Intex pool for about 5 years. Normally when it turns green, we try to clean it up, but end up just draining it and starting over.
This year when it finally turned green, here is what happened. I dumped probably a cup worth of algaecide (the rest of my gallon jug) and about a cup of muriatic acid. I also shocked it with dichlor crystals. Surprising to me, it turned a milky blue, which is progress compared to other years. Then I tested it for chlorine and it read zero even though I have two 3-inch trichlor tablets floating around all the time. This year we inherited a free test kit that included alkalinity, so I tested it for alkalinity and it was 210 ppm. I shocked it again, but the alkalinity is still high, 220 ppm and chlorine is still zero. Water is still a cloudy blue. I'm about to drain it and start over, but was wondering if there is a solution. At least a learning experience I can gain.
My test kit does not include CYA