Unknown major leaking when pump is on... can I fix this myself and where do I begin?

I have an 18x36' lazy L inground pool in my backyard. It has a skimmer hole and 3 return jets
I am using a supermax pump and a sand filter at the moment
I did the bucket test, and the water remained the same after 24 hours
however, when I turned the pump on high for a couple of hours, to get more chlorine into the pool, the water level dropped dramatically.

The skimmer line is under ground for 15 feet then goes into my garage for 10 feet. The return line is in the garage for 10 feet before it goes under ground to the 3 returns.
There doesn't seem to be any water leaking around the pump/filter, so where did the water go, and how can I check for a leak somewhere? Is this something I can fix myself or am I doomed to call in a professional? I have tried reading up on it, but there is no place to find a consistent answer unfortunately.

Thanks!
Amber

Where does the backwash line go? Check to see with pump running if any water is coming out

/

I'm unsure as to what you mean. There are only 2 lines running, one from the filter to the return lines (meets an automatic chlorinator part way through) and the other coming into the pump. The filter itself I don't believe is leaking water as there is nothing around the filter itself especially the amount of water I'm losing (it dropped a good inch or more in the three hours it was running)
When I do waste, I have to add the flimsy blue hose to it and run it out the garage down the driveway.

I did a dye test around the Jets but nothing significant happened

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.