Can I patch a 4' gash in my Intex pool?

No harm in trying. You should know right away if it is going to stick. I would do one small one over the slash followed up by another bigger one over it.

Good luck and let us know what happens.

Kim:cat:

I have heard good things about JB water weld , 6 bucks at home depot...classic jb weld is amazing so wonder how this item would work?

JB weld Water IS awesome stuff BUT is not good for a pool liner application due to not being able to get it flat enough to keep it safe from people knocking against it.

The vinyl repair kit is THE chose to fix this.

Kim:cat:

A 4ft slash?! 4 ft?!

Absolutely not. No. I'd never even attempt this.

You would need a some large vinyl patch or find someone who is getting rid of their old Intex due to a similar problem. Get HH-66 vinyl cement. Get at least the 18oz size. This stuff works. I had to do this on mine and it held very well. You will need to patch BOTH sides. Corners of the patch need to be rounded (I didn't do this). The one thing I wished I had done is cut out the gash so its a clean hole as the vinyl in the middle of the gash wants to curl. Mine tore due to not draining the pool below the filter ports. Another thing is to make sure your the area is clean around the area. Also Take your time, don't allow ANY air bubbles. I didn't so I've got leaks, BUT it's holding, quite well. I have leaks, again due to my impatience. I had access to an old Intex liner I hadn't disposed of yet that allowed me to patch.

You can see in the picture below where I patched.
Pool4.jpg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.