Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: About to pull the trigger on a Circupool, need some help

1. Back To Top    #1

About to pull the trigger on a Circupool, need some help

With the size up sales going on for Circupool SWG, I think I'll go ahead and order one.

my pool is about 20k Gallons, was told the RJ + gives about 25% more life on the cell so if the point of oversizing the SWG will extend the life of the cells. The RJ45 on my pool will provide similar life of the RJ30 plus? Not sure which would be a better choice for me.

RJ 30 plus $819

RJ 45 $859

price difference isn't huge, I'm thinking the RJ45 would be better since I'll have the ability to generate higher chlorine when needed as well as getting the lesser run time which will even out the life expectancy of it to similarly match the RJ30 Plus?

Does anyone know the difference with the Universal series? The Universal 40 is only $698
    SF Bay

********20,000 gallon IG Fiberglass, DE Filter, Hayward Max-Flo VS, Taylor TF-100 Test, Circupool RJ-45********

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

Re: About to pull the trigger on a Circupool, need some help

the universal is to switch from hayward or pentair unit..

I went with the SJ because I wanted basic, it either works or it does not and in my mind that is all I need... I also went with the 45 and I have about 13000 gallons.. the 45 will give you more chlorine per day if needed and if not needed it will last longer, so I vote for the 45
    Pool: Intex 16x32 15000 gal, 2 speed 340042, Pentair CC320 Filter, CircuPool SJ45 Salt System, Intermatic PE653RC; Hot Tub: 650 Gal SWG Megachlor
    links: pool school * Recommended-Levels * SLAM * CYA chart * Test kits * How To Post Pictures * Poolmath * OCLT ** Support your website if we helped you :) **

3. Back To Top    #3

I have one and no regrets. I bought the rj30+ and have a 14000 gal pool. I run mine 50% 24 hours a day and it maintans 7.5 ppm.
    In ground, 14,000 gallon, white plaster, unheated, stone waterfall, DE Filter, Rainbow 320 Cl, Polaris 3900, FloVis flow meter, F100 test kit, Circupool RJ30+ SWG, Circupool VJ1/Speck Badu EcoM3V variable speed pump.

4. Back To Top    #4

With CA electric rates get the 45 at least. The larger you go the less time you will need to run the pump.
    16k gal plaster with raised spa, Jandy DEV60 filter, 2 HP 2-speed SHPF Jandy Stealth pump
    Hayward Aqua Rite T-15 SWCG, Jandy LXi 400k BTU NG heater, 350 sq.ft. of Sun Star solar panels, TF-100 Test Kit, Dolphin s300i Cleaner
    Test Kits . Pool Math . Chlorine/CYA Chart . The SLAM Process

5. Back To Top    #5

I have the RJ45 and run at 50% for 8hrs a day. CL stays at 7-7.5
    21,500 gallon outdoor in-ground 16'x32' Diamond Brite Cool Blue pool. Sta-Rite SuperMax 1.5 HP 2 speed pump running on low for 8 hrs a day, Sta-rite PCX125 cartridge filter, CircuPool RJ-45 SWG, 500 watt incandesce light, 1 skimmer, 4 returns, Dolphin Oasis Z5 robot cleaner, Solar-Breeze NX & TF-100 test kit, Taylor K1766 kit with speed stir.

6. Back To Top    #6

TFP Guide

I think the RJ-30 might be too small for your pool. It is best to get a cell that is 2 to 3 times the size of your pool. Having a smaller cell increase the pump run time and your electric bill. The smaller RJ-30 might not be able to generate enough chlorine during the height of the summer.

Here is a comparison of the units: Compare Salt Pool Chlorine Generators - Price - Capacity - Chlorine Output - Warranty
    Karen
    33K IG w spa plaster, Pentair 1HP Whisperflo, DE Filter, SWG CircuPool RJ-60, Dolphin Triton Plus, Raypak Dig 336K BTU, TF-100.
    Pool Math Chlorine / CYA Chart SLAM - Shock Level And Maintain
    2017 replaster/retile

7. Back To Top    #7

thanks guys, ordered the RJ45 this morning. now on to worry about the chemistry before the unit arrives.
    SF Bay

********20,000 gallon IG Fiberglass, DE Filter, Hayward Max-Flo VS, Taylor TF-100 Test, Circupool RJ-45********

8. Back To Top    #8

Here is what you are aiming for, Pool School - Water Balance for SWGs
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

9. Back To Top    #9

I'm ok with everything else but the Calcium hardness might be an issue, last I checked, I think I'm 350-400.
    SF Bay

10. Back To Top    #10

I'm working with CH of 600 right now and it isn't a problem. I just keep the pH a bit on the lower side 7.2-7.5 range and try to keep the TA below 70.
    16k gal plaster with raised spa, Jandy DEV60 filter, 2 HP 2-speed SHPF Jandy Stealth pump
    Hayward Aqua Rite T-15 SWCG, Jandy LXi 400k BTU NG heater, 350 sq.ft. of Sun Star solar panels, TF-100 Test Kit, Dolphin s300i Cleaner
    Test Kits . Pool Math . Chlorine/CYA Chart . The SLAM Process

11. Back To Top    #11

Quote Originally Posted by WASP View Post
    I have one and no regrets. I bought the rj30+ and have a 14000 gal pool. I run mine 50% 24 hours a day and it maintans 7.5 ppm.

What schedule do you run you pump and at what speed ??
    Trying to dial mine in ..
    Thanks...
    Sean Hannon
    30,000 Gallons gunite pool Coated by Fibertech
    Hayward Pro Grid 72 / Hayward multiport
    Circupool V3 VS pump
    CirCupool SWG RJ 60, 400.000 btu raypak , Built in SPA

12. Back To Top    #12

I am running the pump 24/7 at the lowest speed that will activate the flow switch on the SWCG. The flow meter indicates between 10-15 GPM. I set the SWCG at 50%. Currently the FC is holding between 6-7.5 ppm. Salt is 3000 ppm. Water sparkles.
    In ground, 14,000 gallon, white plaster, unheated, stone waterfall, DE Filter, Rainbow 320 Cl, Polaris 3900, FloVis flow meter, F100 test kit, Circupool RJ30+ SWG, Circupool VJ1/Speck Badu EcoM3V variable speed pump.