Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: ally5479

1. Back To Top    #1

ally5479

Hello everyone, I joined this site a while back but never posted, so this is my first. I have a dilemma on my hands. I bought a new pool 18'x52" this year and had to rework my ground because my last one was 16'x48". I am on a slope with the old pool and was hoping to correct that with the new one. I thought I had it level and filled it only to see I was 4" off. I came to this site to see your advice for others. Needless to say I drained my pool, dug out one side, dug out the low side about to the solid ground and installed brick squares. I have a gorilla pad and vinyl under the pool. Put two inches of water in pool and it was a little off but not bad so I filled it up again. My pool is a square off, have a low side and high side. My two poles Pic #1&#2 are leaning somewhat toward the back. However, the pole in pic #2 has not moved away from the deck. I am 65 years old and pretty much have had to install this by myself, so I would really hate to have to drain this pool again. This is a salt pool and all my numbers are great! Would love to get your opinions. Happy 4th and have a very blessed day!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    AG; SWG; Intex, vinyl Round 52"x18'-6981 gal; Intex Krystal Clear, bought in 2016, 2650 GPH sand & saltwater system.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: ally5479

Our margin of safety here is within 1" of level all the way around the top. Those 2 leaning poles tells me it is not.
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

3. Back To Top    #3

That does not look safe at all. I am so sorry, I know that the work you put in is exhausting. Some of those poles into the tees look very scary to me. I have a 15 x 48" intex, the blue with the white poles. What we could be seeing, however, is the feet need to be kicked out a bit. I don't know if they will move with all the water in the pool. As I was filling mine, I had to constantly adjust the poles.Hopefully, a ultraframe owner will chime in.If you don't see an answer sone, repost with, " need an answer from an intex ultraframe owner". Good luck! As other posters have stated, no more than 1" max out of level for peace of mind.

4. Back To Top    #4

Thank you so much.

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you so much. The poles are more straight up. I have been it, leaned on it and nothing is moving but that does not mean that it won't. I appreciate your help, guess I will be draining again.
    AG; SWG; Intex, vinyl Round 52"x18'-6981 gal; Intex Krystal Clear, bought in 2016, 2650 GPH sand & saltwater system.