Blairsville GA
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
I have taken the advice to SLAM the pool and deal with the staining end of season. I have ordered the TFT-100 test kit as our kit did not have the FAS-DPD or CYA tests. TFP indicates I need to raise my PH up before doing so. This a.m.'s tests were PH 7.2 and TA 90 (Chlorine <.3). I've read that PH should be 7.5 - 7.6 and TA 60 -80.

I want to get this right and read many threads but am so confused as to what the proper steps are to adjust the PH and AK and the products to use.

Also - read about adding DE to sand filter but hubby believes it is a sealed unit? Does that make sense ???

And while I'm at it - still have some slight pinkish algae on pool walls - can we swim???

Thanks and a Happy and Safe 4th to all!

Please read and follow the SLAM directions in Pool School -

Pool School - SLAM - Shock Level And Maintain

Pool School - Defeating Algae

Do not try to SLAM based on a thread you have read as it is often the case that people leave out crucial details.

If you are going to SLAM, most people lower their pH to 7.2 (you are already there) and then start the SLAM process. TA is irrelevant at this point and has no bearing on the SLAM process.

If you post a picture of your filter, other folks can help. You probably don't want to add DE during the initial phases of the SLAM because you will wash it all out as you backwash the filter.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.