Am I FINALLY Good?

May 31, 2016
Lynchburg, VA
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
I have been fighting my pool all yr. Received my TF-100 on 6-13-16. Pool had been green & brown. I had been able to get it to milky white but never able to see bottom of the pool. I followed SLAM, kept FC up, brushed several times daily, vacuumed. It never seemed to get past the milky stage. I finally decided to FLOC the pool 7-2-16, followed directions on bottle & circulated for 2 hours & let sit turned off overnight. Vacuumed to waste the yesterday morning & had to do it in 2 parts because water level got to low. The filling process is painfully slow due to low water pressure. About 10 PM I added 83 OZ 10% bleach as pool math said that should take it to 16 FC. Tested this morning about 9:30 (due to rain). I am letting the FC drift down & will test pH & will test CYA again on a sunny day. Weather permitting am I good to let everyone in Finally?

FC - 15
CC - either 0 or .5
pH - didn't test due to FC being above 10
TA - 100
CH - 100
CYA - didn't test today because overcast & drizzly but added to bring back up to 30 on 7/2/16
Borates - I use Mule 20 for pH but not sure how to test for Borates
Pool 7-4-16.jpg

Since your pool appears cloudy still, you're not done with the SLAM.

A SLAM procedure is over when 1) water is clear 2) CCs are 0.5 or less 3) OCLT is 1 or less

That said, it is safe to swim in a pool with the FC up to SLAM level.

The picture didn't come out very well, I think in part to being overcast & drizzling rain on me as I was taking it. Standing at the pool you can very clearly see the bottom, Guess I'll just keep an eye on it thru the day today to see if it stays clear or looks cloudy in the least.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

But you didn't actually re-test it to see if it was really 16 though- if it had really taken it to 17 you would have lost 2.... Gotta test after the chlorine addition when you're doing an OCLT.

I'd suggest repeating it tonight, but go ahead and enjoy the pool today.

Will test again tonight, as for enjoying today, overcast & showers ALL day ugh lol. Just my luck. Thanks for the responses, much appreciated

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.