I shut our old pool for the winter in 2014, then we sold the house and did not have a pool where we were living last year while our house was built. So it's been nearly 2 years and I had to relearn some things. I got the pump started Saturday. CYA showed 0, as expected. I added enough liquid bleach to shock the water and started adding salt and CYA. After 2 days and 12 bags of salt I'm at
pH - 7
TA - 30
FC - 8
Salt PPM - 2800
The chlorine is higher than I expected from 2 days of not adding any. I need to get pH up but need to boost TA first. My previous pool the pH tended to drift up, will have to see what this pool does. I won't test CYA for several more days since it can take a while to completely dissolve. I still need to test CH. Since the pool is vinyl I shouldn't need to but I know a lot of chemicals assume at least a minimum CH for plaster, etc pools.