Pool newbie, Intex 10x30 questions

Hi, please forgive my ignorance on pools but this is my first attempt at putting up a pool and so far not so good. I have an Intex 10x30 above ground pool, that has a filter pump with 3 hoses, 2 out and 1 in. I filled the pool with water and added the proper chemicals. I ran the filter pump for about 10 hours yesterday and everything seemed ok. This morning however the pool lost a lot of water. In inspecting around the pool there is no obvious leak. In fact I can't find where it is leaking at all. The only guess I have is an issue with the filtering system. The reason I believe that is because I actually filled the pool on Saturday and Sunday morning it was fine. It didn't leak until last night and yesterday I ran the pump for a long time. It looks like the water is right at the line of the outbound hoses. They appear tight but I did notice yesterday that I was getting a lot of air trapped in the hoses. In fact one of the things it says to do is to unscrew the top of the filter and wait for the water to flow out, but it never did. Water was circulating into the pool through the input hose however. I shake each hose and the air bubbles appear to move, but it doesn't change anything. I am also noticing a white sediment at the bottom of the pool. So I guess my questions are, how can I tell whether or not the hoses and pump are working properly and why the chemicals are still visible in the pool? Thanks for any help.

I used chlorine shock, PH and sodium bicarbonate. I measured the water levels prior and added the recommended chemicals. I hadn't noticed that a little bit of the input gasket was slightly above the water line. I will see if that is the problem. I guess air is getting into the hoses this way.

Re-fill the pool up past the level of the pump intake in the side of the pool wall. Take a picture of the pump and all the fittings/connections and post it. I had an Intex pool but that was 5 seasons ago. You had to prime the pump before you turned it on. My pump had a large cap that you would unscrew to change a filter, and a small bleed valve in the top of it. To prime the pump you screw the large cap down tight, then unscrew the bleed valve until the air is bled out and water starts coming out, then close the valve. Did you do this? Do you have the intake and return lines hooked up correctly?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.