What, me worry? (aka Spider Gasket insurance)

rdshackleford

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 30, 2015
Coatesville, PA
I was searching for posts on leaks and noticed an awful lot of posts about leaking spider gaskets. I have had my fair share of spider gasket leaks, so thought I would post a pic of this simple 'improvement' I came up with this year.

xRg4AL2.jpg
No more worrying about wasting my water thru a spider gasket leak!

My spider gasket and multiport valve are brand new. The ball valve is not a bandaid, it is redundancy against a blown gasket dumping pool water out the waste port. But if we are talking about reliability, I would not rely on the spider gasket nearly as long as I would rely on a ball valve.

And that's why i have a cartridge filter. Easy to clean very efficient, lets more water to squeeze thru so your pump can pump as much gpm as it can. My filter doesn't have a multiport and it is rated to let 150gpm of water thru.

That is a nice fix. Another thing you can do to help your spider gasket is to only turn the lever in one direction every time you need to turn it. I even went so far as to draw an arrow on it just in case someone else needs to turn it.

I LOVE my sand filter! It is SO much easier to take care of than a cartridge filter. I really like the fact I can do so much more with it like vacuum to waste where you cannot on a cartridge filter.

Kim:cat:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.