Hi - First off, apologies. I'm sure that most of these questions have been asked somewhere on this forum, but I've read through a few now and I cannot find the answers or at least the exact answers.
So what I've got...
Bestway power steel 14' round pool 48" deep.
The standard filter that comes with the package.
Bestway 2.8kw heater due for delivery tomorrow.
It's up and ready now, finished filling with water yesterday...
On order...again, should be with me today/tomorrow
Clearwater Mini Multifunction Chlorine Tablets, 50 x 20g
Clearwater Pool Chemicals Kit - White, 500g
6.5" Chemical Floater For Bestway & Intex Swimming Pools Chlorine Dispenser
Onto my many questions..
1. Do I need to 'shock' the water? How would I do that?
2. Will the tablets I've ordered be enough insofar as chemicals are concerned or do I need to order anything else?
3. When the heater arrives I assume that the water goes into the filter first, then on into the heater, then back into the pool? Does the filter need to be switched on at the same time as the heat or will the heater draw the water through the filter if the filter is not running?
4. The pool is looking remarkably level considering I did the leveling work, but I'm still a little nervous about the strength of these pools. When the kids are playing in them they are of course going to be pushing off with their feet against the sides; I assume that they are plenty strong to handle this?
5. If I were to run the heater 2 days solid to get the temperature up How often (approx) would I need to run to maintain (assume average daytime temp 22 and night 11)?
6. Would running a filter through the night be enough to clean up a days worth of pool playing?
Sorry - so many questions :/...Really appreciate any help and/or advice.