Preparing to super-shock for mustard algae

s1njin

Jun 11, 2015
Jackson, NJ
Having passed my OCLT (FINALLY) I'm prepared to head up to Mustard Shock level. I'll get this done by 9AM today. My issue now is I expect heavy rain/thunderstorms to roll in later tonight around 11PM - 1AM. If I carry my Mustard Shock level through to this event, will it mess me up if I get a real dumper? Should I shock a little OVER mustard algae in case it rains really good? I'm worried about the high chlorine level and my liner.

Thanks !

If it were me, I would go a bit high and not worry about the liner. An option would be to be prepared to pump it down and top up with chlorine before bed, or if there's an overflow, just top it up before bed. It has to rain an awful lot to make a difference, what range of precip is predicted?

Super shock added with CYA value rounded up to be safe. Let the nuking begin !

Pool toys, tools, and robot to be introduced to pool in a hour or two after the shock has circulated and mixed. SWG set to 40% to maintain what I added.

Super shock added with CYA value rounded up to be safe. Let the nuking begin !

Pool toys, tools, and robot to be introduced to pool in a hour or two after the shock has circulated and mixed. SWG set to 40% to maintain what I added.

Did you mustard algae go away? I think that I possibly have the same issue. My water passes the OCLT and is clear, but I still have a layer of fine dust that keeps accumulating on the bottom and in the seams and easily poofs up into a cloud when brushed. No amount of vacuuming or filtering seems to get rid of it, It just keeps returning within a few hours of vacuuming or brushing.

Thanks,
cruiser310

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.