Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: ughhh... dog bit my liner.

1. Back To Top    #1

ughhh... dog bit my liner.

Well, brand new 26 x 52 Intex. After working several weeks nonstop on a less than ideal location- fighting roots, moving dirt, leveling, tamping, digging in pavers, cutting and putting down foam insulation... I go get my liner from the garage and discover the dog chewed on an exposed corner and put punctures through it in about 3 layers where it was folded up. OMG I am just about fit to be tied. Now I'm reading about patches and trying to find all the holes. I'd laugh if this pool wasnt about to whip me as it is.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: ughhh... dog bit my liner.

Welcome to TFP!

Dang dog!
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

3. Back To Top    #3

Oh, dear. I have a big dog that has chewed up so many things, I could just beat him. You have my sympathies.
    14,000 gallon above ground 24ftx56in round vinyl overlap liner steel wall sand filter 1/2 hp pump heavy lime in city water morning shade

4. Back To Top    #4

Amazon.com : Boxer Adhesives No.110 Vinyl Pool Repair Kit : Swimming Pool Maintenance Kits : Patio, Lawn Garden

You might be able to patch all of the holes????? The above is the best patch stuff out there.

Bad doggy!

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

5. Back To Top    #5

Going to try to find & patch them all. A new liner is $400. One set of tooth holes is right on the bottom seam area. This is like a bad dream.

6. Back To Top    #6

It could be worse, I thought your title said "ughhh... dog bit my liver."
    18x34 Doughboy AGP 22300K Gallons - Build Thread
    Aquaview 24" Sand Filter - 1.5 HP Powerline Pump - Barracuda Ranger - Taylor K-2006 - BBB
    Pool School and Pool Calculator

7. Back To Top    #7

Okay so here is the patching 101.........cover the hole with just bigger than the hole THEN cover again with another patch bigger again. Cut the patch in a circle aka rounded edges only. That helps it stay on.

Good luck

Kim (GLOCK??? LIVER! OUCH!)
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

8. Back To Top    #8

Quote Originally Posted by kimkats View Post
    Okay so here is the patching 101.........cover the hole with just bigger than the hole THEN cover again with another patch bigger again. Cut the patch in a circle aka rounded edges only. That helps it stay on.

Good luck

Kim (GLOCK??? LIVER! OUCH!)
    lol I know, right? Interesting about the patch method. I did not know that double patch method. Good info.
    18x34 Doughboy AGP 22300K Gallons - Build Thread
    Aquaview 24" Sand Filter - 1.5 HP Powerline Pump - Barracuda Ranger - Taylor K-2006 - BBB
    Pool School and Pool Calculator