Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Replace a Pressure Side Cleaner with a Robotic

1. Back To Top    #1

Lindale, TX

Replace a Pressure Side Cleaner with a Robotic

My Hayward Shark Viio cleaner has many problems. I've re-gutted it twice and it still doesn't operate to the potential it once did, not to mention, the pricey parts for the vacuum itself and the vacuum line. I almost bought a robotic in the beginning but settled for the Viio. Any recommendations are greatly appreciated. There are trees around, though not directly over the pool, but offer a numerous amount of leaves in the fall and early spring. So I think I would need something with a bag or at least the option to add a bag. Pls note other descriptions regarding my pool in my signature.

Thanks so much..............
    22,538 gallons, Salt chlorinator, IG, Gunite/plaster, Installed 2012
    Hayward 2 HP-2 Speed, Hayward Model C5530BHMB Filter, 550 Cartridge
    Hayward GLX-PL-LOC-P-4 Display Local with Pro Logic P4, Hayward Sense & Dispense AQL
    Hayward Shark Viio Cleaner, Super Pro Deluxe Test Kit
    Add water from well for evaporation purposes

2. Back To Top    #2

Long Beach, CA

Re: Replace a Pressure Side Cleaner with a Robotic

What is your price range?

I'm new to robotic cleaners, but I really like my Dolphin S300i. It has a large top loading basket and I have zero complaints so far, but it is only a few weeks old.
    16k gal plaster with raised spa, Jandy DEV60 filter, 2 HP 2-speed SHPF Jandy Stealth pump
    Hayward Aqua Rite T-15 SWCG, Jandy LXi 400k BTU NG heater, 350 sq.ft. of Sun Star solar panels, TF-100 Test Kit, Dolphin s300i Cleaner
    Test Kits . Pool Math . Chlorine/CYA Chart . The SLAM Process