Does the ground really need to be level for Intex AGP?

May 26, 2009
Hi. I'm new to this site and need some help. I do apologize if this has been discussed, I just can't find it. We're looking to get an Intex AGP, probably the 14'x42" metal framed one from TRU. Our lawn is not "perfectly" level. It slopes just so slightly (and I mean SLIGHTLY) away from the house so we may end up with about 1" difference in water level from one side to the other. I know it's not recommended by Intex, but can we get away with it? Please share your experiences with this.

we_say! said:
Hi. I'm new to this site and need some help. I do apologize if this has been discussed, I just can't find it. We're looking to get an Intex AGP, probably the 14'x42" metal framed one from TRU. Our lawn is not "perfectly" level. It slopes just so slightly (and I mean SLIGHTLY) away from the house so we may end up with about 1" difference in water level from one side to the other. I know it's not recommended by Intex, but can we get away with it? Please share your experiences with this.

I always thought my back yard was flat...but once you set up your intex it will show you just how off your yard is..I had the blowup tube pool with the vinyl sides. My intex always had about a two inch difference between the left front and the right rear. This is where the slope was. This really can be a hassle if you have too many swimmers or someone leans to hard on the tube too hard, it can cause the pool to collapse. However since you are getting the metal framed pool, I would say a difference of 1 inch or less would not be a problem. Just make sure that the skimmer is one the side that the water flows to. You could run into issues there with the skimmer being on the high side rather than the low side...I would try to make sure it is centered as best as you can right in between the two levels...Other than that you should be ok.

Good point, about the location of the skimmer.

Yes, we had our pool "professionally" installed, and they charged extra for levelling the yard.

The water is off a good 1 1/2 inches, after the professional levelling job. :roll:

I would take the time to level it. I did my pool myself and it ain't off a bit! It's just another reason why I opted out of the so called professional installation with a price tag that could make you poo bricks. I was afraid it wouldn't meet my standards too so I did it myself! 8)

Dad always said, If ya want something done right, DIY! :goodjob:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.