Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Automatic cleaner for a lazy L shape

1. Back To Top    #1

TFP Guide
    Hudson, WI

Automatic cleaner for a lazy L shape

I get tired of vacuuming the pool but the owner (my GF) says she's been told automatic cleaners get hung up in her shaped pool.
    I tend to think that old info like the fight I went through to stop using algecide and switching over to the TFP method and buying a TF100 also applies to what cleaners might have been able to do back in the 90's and what they can do today.

Is there an automatic cleaner that works well in a lazy L pool ?? I'm in the process of getting a new pump (two speed), filter and valves so I'm open to what anyone thinks might be a good vacuum for our pool.
    '70s IG Vinyl 32K gal, Lazy L, Hayward SuperPump 1.5hp 120V, S240 Sand Filter W/DE
    Solar Blanket, Well Water, Borax Added, TF-100 tester. May 20 - opened for summer
    1979, 275gal Conway Emerald Spa P-100-2, ES-2 Spa Pack, bromine floater, indoor
    TF-100, Best test kit -
    Please help keep the lights on so we can be here for others, become a TFP Supporter!

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry
    Sebring, Florida

Re: Automatic cleaner for a lazy L shape

Steps, ledges, hard corners, etc. are all hard obstacles for a robot but an L-shaped pool will present little problem. Make sure you get one with a cord long enough.
    Dave S. - Forum owner
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School