Sand Filter Tank Leaking

I have discovered a pinhole in the sand tank of my Aquaguard Sand filter (on the seam). I tried to patch it, but it is still leaking. The multiport valves are fine. My question is do I have to keep the same brand tank when replacing it to work with the valves or can I buy say a Haywood tank and use the valves I have?

Hello and welcome to TFP! :wave: Generally, the multiport valve on a filter is designed to fit with that filter. You mention "valves" above more than once. To make sure we're speaking about the same issue, is there any chance you could post a picture of your set-up?

Also, please add your pool info to your signature by going to the top of the TFP web page (just under the Pool School button) and select "SETTINGS". On the next page look to the left for a menu bar that says, “MY SETTINGS” and go to "EDIT SIGNATURE" to enter your pool and equipment info there. Or you can click EDIT YOUR SIGNATURE. It will help us later. This link may also help you: Pool School - Read This BEFORE You Post.

Nice to have you with us.

I am guessing that is what the settings with a handle on the top are called. Here is a pic of the whole system from the companies website. The seams on the tank run down the sides, but the part with the handle that sits on top for backwash, filter, etc is fine. Im just worried that the tank only lasted 3 years and maybe there is a better product of tank to replace only.
Sand Filter.jpg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.