12.5% at menards for 1 gal at 1.99

And thanks to this site for tip on Julian date and fading bleach strength. I was able to pick the freshest cases out of a stack that ranged from 16 137 to 16 177. Otherwise would have just grabbed what was easiest to get at.

The dates on the Menard's chlorine are usually pretty good. Interesting that this sale ad does not list the 'limit 6 bottle- 3 case deal' for the Memorial Day sale earlier this year. Off to the store today I guess.

Went to check if it was on sale here in my area and it is but what I found funny was this in their description.

• Liquid pool chlorinator is one of the best options to reduce cyanuric acid levels

I just bought 17 gallons -- enough for the rest of this season (if nothing goes wrong that is). Date code 16177.

Went to check if it was on sale here in my area and it is but what I found funny was this in their description.

• Liquid pool chlorinator is one of the best options to reduce cyanuric acid levels

LOL

I just bought 17 gallons -- enough for the rest of this season (if nothing goes wrong that is). Date code 16177.

Make sure you store it appropriately, keep it cool and dark, it doesn't keep as long as the weaker stuff. Starts losing strength almost right away, but will probably still be stronger than bleach in a few months.

I have my supply in a large fiberglass cooler, similar to a small deep freeze but without a cooling system. Holds about twenty of the 1 gallon bottles. It's in my basement at a cool 68 degrees and the inside is pitch black when the lid is shut.

I like Menards way better than either the orange or blue lumber boutiques, because it's a real lumberyard! If they won't let you back your truck right up to the stack, it's not a lumberyard. Think I like it too much, just sent off my $200 rebate from my stop yesterday. :eek:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I bought 10 gallons of walmart 10% at 2.50 a week or two ago, and won't need any more for a while. I saw this thread at the beginning of the weekend and wrote it off thinking I didn't need anymore. But I guess at the price it can be worth it. By the time I get around to using it, it'll be near the 10% strength I've got my stenner pump timed to feed out, and it's more than 50cents cheaper per gallon with the rebate. I store all my bottles in the cold dark basement, so degradation should be a minimum.

Dkite22, 1 gallon (128oz) of 8.25% should raise your pool volume by 3.3 ppm. Therefore it will only take 88oz (.69 of a gallon) of 12.5% percent to do the same 3.3 ppm. You save big money and have to lug fewer jugs. :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.