We set up a 9 x 18 Intex pool with a total height of 52" and the instruction manual says it holds 4,545 gallons. Hubby added 120 pounds of salt and ran the sand filter for 24 hours but didn't start the saltwater system with E.C.O. until 3 days later when he had another plug out there. He also didn't add the Cyanuric Acid.
Today the pool turned green. I panicked and after reading some online posts I added 2 cups of clorox bleach.
We just ran out and bought the cyanic acid and a product called "Acid Magic" that says it is a "User friendly Muriatic Acid" but I have not adding anything else because I am afraid to.
I also bought a test kit (I have since ordered the one recommended on this forum but that won't come till next week).
Here is the info from test kit I bought at the store:
According to the results for acid the test kit said to ad 1/2 a cup of acid??
My question is are we better off draining the pool and starting over or can it be saved relatively easy? We are having have a pool party on Friday for my husbands 71st birthday and I am hoping to not have a green pool.
Thanks so much for any help!