I am finishing the installation of my Solar Heating and need some clarification on the GL-235 wiring. So far I have installed a new circuit breaker in my service panel for the controller and run the line (12-2 with ground) in PVC Conduit to the controller location. I am ready to make the final connections of the wiring to the 6 screw terminal block in the bottom of the GL-235 case. My understanding is that to supply power to the unit is,
1. Connect the Ground (Bare Copper) to Terminal #1.
2. Connect the Power (Black) to Terminal #3.
3. Connect the Neutral (White) to Terminal #4.
I then want to hook the controller to my 2 speed pump so that it will automatically come on when the temperatures meet the settings of the controller. I will make this connection using Liguid-Tite conduit and fittings for the controller and rear of my pump. This is where I got confused as to the wiring after looking at the diagrams in the owner's manual.
4. I think I need wires from the controller Terminals #5 and #6 to my pump so that the relay will turn on the pump after the 30 second delay of the valve opening?
5. I would then connect the 2 wires to the high speed side of the pump AFTER the internal two speed switch built on the pump?
6. Do I also need to connect a ground wire in this circuit between the controller and the pump?
7. Will manually turning the pump on High Speed using the pump's 2 speed switch damage the controller by back feeding 115v into the controller?
I hope you can understand this post. We use the pump on High Speed to vacuum manually or when the Kreepy Krawler is in use. The pump information and plumbing can be seen in my post here solar-plumbing-design-review-with-pics-t11977.html I have everything hooked up and did run the system a little yesterday by controlling the valves manually. It does heat the water .
Thanks to all