Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Opening new pool setup

1. Back To Top    #1

Opening new pool setup

Pool opened to a green swamp pool. Original pool was a salt generating pool. New pool is a sand filter with a 3 hp pump. Over 30,000 gals of water. Kidney shaped. The psi starts at 30 psi when started. Jumps to 40 psi within 2 hrs. Have done many backwash procedures and rinse. Also ran a waste procedure. Pool has been stripped clean of debris from pool. Any reason why the pressure is so high and climbs through filter cycle.
    My sand filter psi starts at 30 and climbs to 40. Jets are working until high pressure is reach. Brand new hookup, 3 hp pump. I have a inground kidney shape pool over 30,000 gals of water. Gunite pool.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Opening new pool setup

Hello and welcome to TFP! Reason for increased pressure? ....... I suspect still algae even if you can't see it. Do you have a TF-100 or Taylor K-2006C to post a full set of water results? That would help tremendously.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!